About Me

My photo
Rachel trained at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts where she graduated in Professional Musical Theatre and recieved awards for best actress.She later went on to work with queen choreographer, Arlene Philips, as a principal dancer with the unique performances of The Give Back Project and played a principal role in a new writers play entitled The Perfect Man for Me. She went on to make her first short film with Ocean Storm productions entitled 'The Pledge'. After leaving Paris where she was promoted to dance captain in shows and parades she discovered her passion to teach and help benefit others in performing arts. She has since taught dance and drama all over the country with Jago performers in Worcester, Abbey School of Dance in Coventry and Lemon Jelly Arts in Leicester and London. Rachel now wishes to further her teaching skills to one day achieve her ambitions of becoming a successful member of a stage school faculty or perhaps even a principal. She is undertaking a Work Based Learning course to develop these skills and achieve the needed qualifications to conquer her dreams.

Create your own happiness...

Happiness is the Key to Success!

Thursday 8 October 2009

MY PERFORMING CV



Rachel Lee Moore





Contact: rachel-lee-moore@hotmail.com



DOB: 06/04/1986





Height: 5’10



Eyes: Green



Hair: Dark Brown



Playing Age: 18-25



Training:

1988-2004: Abbey School of Dance.



2004-2007: Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts





Present Employment.



June 2009: Acting Tutor - Jago Performers - Worcester.


June 2009: Dance/ Drama Tutor - Abbey School of Dance - Coventry.


September 2009: Dance Workshop Leader - Aldermans Green Primary School - Coventry.


November 2009: Actor - Ocean Storm Films - London.




Theatre Experience:


Richard III - Lady Anne - Complete works Company (TIE tour)


Give Back Project Dancer - Arlene Philips and Nicki Kemp - Birmingham Theatres


Royal Masonic Variety Show - Dancer/ singer - Royal Albert Hall - Bonnie Lythgoe
A Chorus Line - Sheila - Avondale Theatre - Bonnie Lythgoe


Emotions is Taking Us Over - Actor/ dancer - New Wimbledon Theatre, Bonnie Lythgoe


South pacific - Liat Avondale Theatre - Chris Baldock


The Perfect Man For Me - Leanne - Avondale Theatre, David Willoughby



Television Experience:


The Brit Awards (2006 & 2007) - Dancer - ITV
Choreographers Ball 2006 - Dancer - Hammersmith Palace



Special Skills:
Accents: Coventry (native), Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool, RP, Standard American, London, Cockney, Yorkshire. Good ear for accents.


Singing: Alto


Dance: Advanced level ballet, jazz, tap, acrobatics, modern, street, commercial jazz and contemporary.

Instruments Played: Cello (grade 6) and electric organ (grade 4).

Other skills: Stage Combat, skiing, surfing, scuba-diving, full (clean) driving license, roller-blading, Ice-skating, horse-riding and acrobatic abilities.




ABOUT ME AND MY EXPERIENCE

My name is Rachel Adams, stage name Rachel Lee Moore.
I am currently furthering my education to become a drama teacher , preferably in a stage or acting school.

I started dancing at the age of three and acting at the age of seven but matured to discover and realise that these were strong talents of mine.
I began my performing career in Coventry, my home town, at the Abby School of dance. I furthered my training in London at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts on their three year Musical Theatre course. Here I studied and trained in many styles of dance, unique methods of acting and selection of techniques to apply when singing. This establishment enhanced my performance in all disciplines and highlighted my strengths and weakness' within the performance industry. I achieved the acting award for two years running which I found a major stimulant to my confidence and it was here that I firmly established my passion to direct and act. I gathered much experience from my training and performed at the Brit Awards, Hammersmith Palace and several productions at Avondale Theatre. I was also lucky enough to perform at the Prince Edward Theatre in ' The Royal Masonic Variety Performance' as a singer/dancer.

After graduating I achieved my first professional job as a backing dancer in 'The Give Back Project' managed by Arlene Philips and Niki Kemp. As well as superb performances the job demanded strong team work and physical self discipline.

This job led me to later accept a dance job in Paris where I worked as a choreographer and dance captain in shows and parades. Although I loved my work in dance and loved the sense of performing I missed the satisfaction I felt from acting and it was this feeling that inspired me to act.

I soon adapted a role in a new written play entitled 'The Perfect Man for Me' and later achieved a principal role in the short film 'The Pledge' produced by Ocean Storm Productions.

With all my experience and and motivation in acting I felt I would make a brilliant teacher with new ideologies that would enhance and inspire others in their acting.

I am now teaching acting and dance workshops for Jago Performers in Worcester and abbey school in Coventry as well as teaching hourly sessions at Aldermans Green Primary School for the younger generation. I still often audition for an independent performing career because I believe this will all contribute to my knowledge and experience in the industry; this being a major quality in my work of teaching.

It is my ambition to achieve as many skills possible to further my career and join a faculty in a successful and well established stage school, then perhaps one day build and run one of my own.

Midlesex's BAPP course will support me to do this and achieve my dream. I find the course a brilliant method to achieve this and a great encouragement. Already, I am thoroughly enjoying the course and would highly recommend the course to friends, family and future colleges.

No comments:

Post a Comment