About Me

My photo
Rachel trained at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts where she graduated in Professional Musical Theatre and recieved awards for best actress.She later went on to work with queen choreographer, Arlene Philips, as a principal dancer with the unique performances of The Give Back Project and played a principal role in a new writers play entitled The Perfect Man for Me. She went on to make her first short film with Ocean Storm productions entitled 'The Pledge'. After leaving Paris where she was promoted to dance captain in shows and parades she discovered her passion to teach and help benefit others in performing arts. She has since taught dance and drama all over the country with Jago performers in Worcester, Abbey School of Dance in Coventry and Lemon Jelly Arts in Leicester and London. Rachel now wishes to further her teaching skills to one day achieve her ambitions of becoming a successful member of a stage school faculty or perhaps even a principal. She is undertaking a Work Based Learning course to develop these skills and achieve the needed qualifications to conquer her dreams.

Create your own happiness...

Happiness is the Key to Success!

Saturday 10 October 2009

My Top Resources.

Casting Call Professionals








http://www.castingcallpro.com/

Casting call pro acts as an on line performers agency displaying the latest casting calls for dancing, television acting, theatre acting, commercials, presenters, dance and drama workshop leaders and much more work. Not only does it provide me with castings but also shares information on producers, directors, agencies an other performers within the industry.

I have worked well via this website and it consistently displays fresh information about the industry and useful links to materials and help that may be of use to others in the industry.

It is beneficial to me, because whilst I am working as a drama and dance teacher in various places and on various days, I am able to perform my self in short contracted jobs which do not disturb my teaching jobs.



Contacts

http://www.contactshandbook.com/buy.html


This is a reference book with over 5000 listings for performing agencies, photographers, photograph production companies, script writing agencies, performance venues, training schools and many other helpful resources a performer may need to advantage their success with in the industry. By using Contacts I was able to discover my first agent, Et-Nik-a, which provides me with good knowledge about the industry and its involvement and also sends me for many professional private west end auditions for television, film and theatre.

Contacts also referred me to a qualified writing editor who was able to correct and amend my episodic sit com script to a professional satisfactory standard.


CATS.

This is a costume design/ dress makers which I have used for fifteen years. As well as efficiently constructing outfits for several different performances, they also have created and supplied costumes for several Charity events I have directed around Coventry and Birmingham.

I have relied on CATS throughout my career and would have struggled to support my productions with out this company.


THE STAGE









http://www.thestage.co.uk/

This paper is a major resource for castings. It supplies information for the currant and lastest auditions in England regarding dance, acting and singing. I have been buying The Stage for over four years now and it has not only helped me achieve jobs but some of the best contacts for professional and personal interests. It has a brilliant reputation with all performers and I have always recommended it to people looking for work in the performing industry.

DRAMA SOURCES




http://www.dramaresource.com/

I have been using this sight for the past year and it has supplied me with exercises and inspired my ideas used with in my workshops. As well as displaying information for drama games, warm ups and acting methods it also designs courses and workshops for potential teachers. Many of the ideas used are published in guides which the website advertises as other useful resources. Overall this web sight greatly contributes to someone eager and determined in forming a sound career in teaching drama and has supported my workshops greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment