About Me

My photo
Rachel trained at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts where she graduated in Professional Musical Theatre and recieved awards for best actress.She later went on to work with queen choreographer, Arlene Philips, as a principal dancer with the unique performances of The Give Back Project and played a principal role in a new writers play entitled The Perfect Man for Me. She went on to make her first short film with Ocean Storm productions entitled 'The Pledge'. After leaving Paris where she was promoted to dance captain in shows and parades she discovered her passion to teach and help benefit others in performing arts. She has since taught dance and drama all over the country with Jago performers in Worcester, Abbey School of Dance in Coventry and Lemon Jelly Arts in Leicester and London. Rachel now wishes to further her teaching skills to one day achieve her ambitions of becoming a successful member of a stage school faculty or perhaps even a principal. She is undertaking a Work Based Learning course to develop these skills and achieve the needed qualifications to conquer her dreams.

Create your own happiness...

Happiness is the Key to Success!

Sunday 25 April 2010

Rational for Award Title.

The award title I wish to graduate with is a BA Hons in Professional Practice (Performing Arts).

This award title was approached after considering a number of factors that would make this title beneficial for my future career.

The first of many elements I considered was my prior training at Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts where I achieved a Trinity National Diploma in Musical Theatre. When taking in to consideration my Diploma title and my BA title I realise that my passion and career development exists strictly in the fields of dance and drama. Therefore my personal development has made me realise that my previous qualification in Musical Theatre is no longer as relevant to my future career and aspirations as singing is not an element I wish to continue with.

After graduating from Italia Conti I have worked in the performing industry from acting in theatre to dancing for Disney. During my past employment I have always assisted fellow employees with my education in dance, drama and patience. My experiences have led me to conclude that I have a talent to teach and gain great satisfaction from others learning and improving. In January 2010 I started teaching as a dance and drama teacher at a Performing Arts Academy called Lemon Jelly Arts and this confirmed my determination and decision to teach was the right one.

Since the commencement of my Work Based Learning Course I have developed a deeper understanding of what my strengths are in teaching and established that drama is a main area I wish to focus my teaching skills towards. I ultimately wish to apply my teaching ability at a well recognised and highly respected stage school so I can work with students who have ambitions to uptake a career in acting or drama of some respect. I hope that my BA Hons Professional Practice degree will put me in good stead for my career, creating a foundation and entrance into my desired place of work.

Throughout the course I have adopted new ideologies and methods towards my execution of teaching in my job at a performing school. Each module allows me to broaden my knowledge of lesson content, discipline and other crucial teaching areas through exercises I have undertaken throughout the course.

I also have a passion to direct films, theatre and television. With my selected award title this may engage me with directing opportunities, opening new doors of employment with my accreditation and varied experience.

Another major impact on my award title was my finalised project proposal. The project will be investigating the influences and factors that encourage a person to adopt a career in dance and drama. This subject was chosen to gain insight on the initial and continuous attraction towards the industry and to understand what is required of an individual to sustain a career in dance and drama. My work at Lemon Jelly Arts will compliment this project and work by executing my research methods throughout my teaching practice. This project will educate me to understand an aspiring students needs and what they require to achieve throughout their training. It will also help me discover what motivates people in the industry and how to extract their complete potential.

I believe the term Performing Arts justifies my intentions towards my future career and is suitable to adopt the correct employment for successful progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment